In light of recent events in the Middle East we want our members and friends to be conscious of the possibility of increased cyber security attacks.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement who are best to offer specific details on terroristic indicators.
• Learn how to recognize signs of pre-operational planning associated with terrorism or other criminal activity.
• Be prepared for cyber disruptions, suspicious emails, and network delays.
• Be responsible for your personal safety. Know where emergency exits and security personnel are located. Carry emergency contact and special needs information with you.
• Implement basic cyber hygiene practices such as effecting data backups and employing multi factor authentication. For more information visit CISA.gov.
• Security tools/resources can be accessed through the DHS’s Hometown Security Campaign.
• The U.S. Government will provide additional information about any emerging threat as additional information is identified. The
public is encouraged to listen to local law enforcement and public safety officials.
• We urge Americans to continue to travel, attend public events, and freely associate with others but remain vigilant and aware of surroundings.
• The Department of State issues international travel alerts and warnings.
• For additional information visit Ready.